Regal Marine Industries, Inc. is seeking a manufacturing buyer who will be responsible for representing the company in the acquisition of goods and services required to assure on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have the potential to assume a leadership role in materials in the future. The objective of this position is to identify and acquire the products and services that must be obtained externally. In accomplishing this, the Buyer will evaluate and determine the best supplier, value, and delivery for such products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and executing the procurement of standard and custom materials to meet production needs.
- Evaluating new contracts and determining buy-out requirements.
- Issuing purchase orders and verifying that the vendors have received them.
- Researching and negotiating with vendors to find the best products for the best prices.
- Identifying and contacting potential suppliers while building and maintaining relationships with reliable vendors.
- Ensuring that the acquisition of all goods or services will meet the requirements of the contract.
- Assessing the current status of vendors, making recommendations on changes in product choice, and emphasizing the company’s objectives to suppliers.
- Tracking and maintaining levels of stocked inventory within defined parameters.
- Initiating and implementing process improvement initiatives for the department.
- Producing reports and statistics for the purchasing department.
- Providing a monthly forecast to suppliers while keeping them updated on current and future material demand.
- Developing new processes, metrics and demand planning techniques that drive material cost reductions, eliminate shortages, and reduce inventory levels.
- Possesses high integrity
- Has an excellent analytical and communication skill
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Is outgoing and friendly; displays excellent “people” skills
- Possesses strong computer skills
- Is able to work well in a team environment, cooperating with co-workers and leadership
- Is willing to perform under pressure to accomplish goals
- Portrays an eagerness to learn and grow within the position
- Some project management experience
- Proficient in math
- Attention to details
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a high school diploma; some college preferred or equivalent level of job experience.