HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Regal Marine Industries Inc. is looking for an efficient Human Resources professional to undertake a variety of duties for our Valdosta, Georgia plant. This position is responsible for various HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, team member relations, administrative reports, interpreting policies and procedures and performing other human resources projects and processes. Candidate should have a broad knowledge of human resources as well as general administrative skills, and will assist the Plant Manager in various tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one-year evaluations.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Team player mentality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be organized and have excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
Regal Marine Industries, Inc. is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.