SPORT BOAT DESIGN ENGINEER
Develops new product concepts, as well as designing and overseeing the construction of plugs and prototypes of Regal’s new products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops product comparisons of the competition to ensure that our new product is “Best in Class,” including product specifications, performance, features, and options.
- Ensures that new product meets cost, performance, and design criteria as determined by Regal’s product planning committee.
- Ensures that new product meets all existing design criteria for new product design.
- Ensures the manufacturability of new product. This could include new processes, systems, and training to support the introduction of the new product to manufacturing.
- Identifies potential problems with design and resolves them before plugs and prototypes are built.
- Provides the Plug and Prototype departments with complete and accurate tooling drawings to build with minimal rework.
- Provides vendors with drawings for new or existing purchase parts.
- Solicits purchase parts for prototypes and works closely with purchasing to ensure timely delivery of purchase parts for production runs.
- Works in conjunction with the rest of the Engineering team to ensure good communications.
- Supports the entire Regal team on model year changes. This would include soliciting new purchase parts, building prototypes, completing the necessary documentation, and providing support to manufacturing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Industrial Design or related field
- 3-4 years of experience as an industrial designer
OTHER SKILLS OR ABILITIES
- Passionate about all things design and is willing to expand his/her skills
- Passion for conceptualizing and designing meaningful product solutions for people in boating recreation
- Organized and comfortable leading projects and meetings
- Exceptional 2D skills such as hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering
- Equally exceptional 3D CAD skills such as NX, Rhino and SolidWorks
- Comfortable with creating quick foam models and rough prototypes
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to confidently present designs to staff and answer questions
- Responsible for all 3Ds with clean file structure
- Ability to understand and build established documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively, whether it be verbal or written communication