ELECTRICAL ENGINEER II
Regal Marine Industries, Inc. is looking for a self-starter and highly motivated candidate to help elevate the electrical aspect of our product, as well as our electrical engineering team at our Orlando plant. Under the mentorship of the Senior Electrical Engineer, candidate will work with and learn all aspects of marine electrical systems design, fabrication and installation. Once full competency is demonstrated, the position is eligible to be upgraded to Sr. Electrical Engineer I status.
- At least 3 years of experience in a fast-paced marine production line atmosphere.
- Experience installing, testing and troubleshooting 12v D.C. and 240/120v A.C. systems.
- Experience in prototyping and documenting wiring harnesses with plug and play attributes in an effort to streamline production line installations.
- Functional capability with CAD is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to function daily under the pressure of meeting deadlines and production schedules.
- Must be able to read, produce and work by electrical schematics, line drawings and digital picture work instructions to achieve end goals.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in making electrical terminations between stranded wire and various copper terminals and contacts, typically used in electrical installations and harness fabrication. Installation experience with marine electronics, audio systems and knowledge of data communication networks, such as SAEJ1939 and NEMA 2000 is also required.
At least an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Knowledge of and/or ABYC certification in electrical compliance standards
Candidates will be required to take a short electrical theory quiz and demonstrate CAD capability.