DIRECTOR OF DESIGN
Regal Marine Industries, Inc. is looking for an energetic and focused Director of Design for the World Headquarters located in Orlando, FL. The primary purpose of this position is to lead Regal’s design efforts and be the visionary that designs the Regals of the future. This position will develop new product concepts, develop all styling for Regal products, manage the design team and all outside designers, ensures designs are being built to specification during prototype, reviews and approves all 3D models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that all new models are “Best in Class” based on product styling, interior and exterior layout, product features, ergonomics, upholstery. etc.
- Ensure that all new models have continuity with the rest of the Regal Product line.
- Identifies potential problems with design and resolves these issues before plugs and prototypes are built.
- Provides a buildable design to the CAD team to develop complete 3D models.
- Works in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team to ensure good communication.
- Supports the entire Regal team on model year changes. This would include developing product improvements to make each Regal better.
- May be required to work with outside consultants and to coordinate this effort with the rest of the Regal engineering team.
- 10 years of experience designing luxury products
- 5 years of knowledge of the boating industry, including familiarity with major brands and features
- Must be a team player and work closely together with other Regal team members.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Highly motivated self-starter and deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally.
- Competent in 3D modeling, preferably with Rhino or Siemens NX
- Capability of drafting by hand
- Ability to develop highly styled product concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Project Management certification or equivalent training
- Fluent in Microsoft Office software suite
- Professional memberships in industry organizations such as ABYC
- Fluent in Adobe Software, Photoshop and Illustrator