SR. COST ACCOUNTANT
Regal Marine Industries is looking for a candidate with excellent problem-solving capabilities, and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. A strong candidate is expected to contribute to process improvements by serving as a steward of internal cost controls and efforts aimed to improve profitability through lean operation methods and by acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing processes and cost containment/tracking.
- Manages and develops a Bill of Materials team that includes BOM Coordinators and Analysts.
- Works with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Industrial Engineers to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities in the ERP system.
- Supports Engineering and prototype staff during the design and prototype phase of new product development.
- Maintains and improves the cost accounting system; ensure procedures are followed for item cost maintenance, including leading the annual pricing review for a new model year.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory, cost of goods sold, and margin reports, conducts research and performs the review in regard to cost or variance analyses.
- Prepares weekly reports as required to support production and profit analysis.
- Provides leadership to Accounting, Purchasing, and Manufacturing during inventories.
- Audits cycle count activity and provides recommendations for process and accuracy improvements.
- Performs special cost analyses, prepares reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Manages preparation and execution of standard cost roll-ups.
- Updates internal control documentation relevant to BOM changes, testing, and process improvement.
- Delivers continuous improvement by assessing problem situations, identifying root causes, gathering and processing relevant information, generating possible solutions, and making recommendations and/or resolving the problem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- At least 2 years of cost accounting experience in a standard cost environment with Bill-of-Materials
- At least 5 years of progressive Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on and willing to get on the manufacturing floor to gather data and drive process improvements
- CMA or CPA preferred
- Basic knowledge of boats and functional areas