CAD DOCUMENTATION ENGINEER
The CAD Engineer will work with the Design Department and Engineering Department to turn a concept, from an idea, to reality. This position will require performing the following duties and reports to the CAD & Documentation Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a focused concentration in 3D modeling; parts, mechanical systems, electrical systems, plumbing systems, tolerances and file management
- The position will be responsible for the Master Model in Rhino 5.0 or Siemens NX on all new boats systems and parts
- Support documentation of the boat development and revisions
- Develop the boat mechanical systems and produce documentation to support (ie. P&ID’s, Electrical Schematics, and Assembly Drawings)
- Identifies potential problems with design and resolves these issues before plugs and prototypes are built
- Worked strongly within established product criteria, using the companies’ guidelines while being well versed in the industries capabilities, highlighting on engineering manufacturability.
- Insures the manufacturability of new products checking for tolerances, mechanical, electrical and plumbing layouts.
- Provides vendors with drawings for new or existing purchase parts.
- Works in conjunction with the rest of the engineering team to insure good communications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have a College degree in a relevant field and at least two years experience in the marine industry in a design capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Drafting Experience
- Strong Mechanical Reasoning
- Experience with hardware manufacturing and installation
- Hands on experience with Fiberglass
- Boatbuilding Experience
- A personal interest in boating and boating lifestyle
- Ability to handle multitasking with minimal micromanagement